This is a very realistic goal. You are losing weight quickly, but not so fast that it is unhealthy. At this rate you are losing about 2.5 pounds per week. There are a few ways to go about reaching this goal.
One pound of fat is equivalent to 3,500 calories. So, to lose one pound you need to have a deficit of 3,500 calories. These tips will help you get there.
1. If you cut your caloric intake by 600 calories per day, you can lose one of your weekly pounds with the reduction of your food intake, and still have a free day where you don’t need to cut out the 600 calories. (I’d suggest a free meal, not a free day)
2. If you are cutting out 600 calories per day then you’ll need to use exercise to lose the other pound and a half. This is totally doable! You typically burn about 10-15 calories per minute of exercise. So if you workout for an hour a day six days a week you can get the rest of your goal.
3. Do circuit training for you workouts. You’ll burn almost 10 times the fat doing this type of workout than you would if you were doing cardio on a machine.
4. Fill up on negative calorie foods. This is a great way to feel full without using up your calories. You can make a soup, and every time you get hungry you can fill up on that. Or have berries around to snack on when you need a snack, and want to feel full.
5. Drink a lot of water! This is so important. It’s so hard to lose weight if you aren’t getting in your water everyday. Have a large glass of water before each meal, it will help you feel full quicker.
6. Write down what you eat. This is very important. It’s easy to forget the little things that we’ve eaten, and to kind of fib about how many calories something we ate really has. This will help keep you honest and on track.
7. Get enough sleep. When we aren’t getting enough sleep our brain sends the message that we are hungry when we really need sleep. Next time you are sleep deprived notice how you think you keep needing a snack, or treat. It’s crazy how our bodies work!
These are great tips that will help you lose the weight quickly, and in a healthy maintainable way. You won’t feel too deprived, and you still have plenty of freedom if you are going to eat out, and you have a busy schedule. Planning you meals ahead of time make a huge difference too.